9.16.2010

GO ELLIE!!!!

A few nights ago while Greg and I were chatting Ellie suddenly lifted her head. I was so excited that I leapt out of my chair and began cheering/screaming. Greg joined in. Every time she picked up her head we cheered (very loudly). She was definitely intrigued and engaged by our game. How 'super awesome' (a Charlotte quote) is this??

In the past few months I've prioritized my hopes...I hope to see her smile...I hope to hear her giggle...I hope to receive a kiss on the cheek. To be honest, I never thought she'd begin meeting developmental milestones like picking up her head. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to make her laugh. This would be so profound and meaningful for me---for all of us.

Despite everything, at least I still have hope. Go Ellie!!!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you soooo much for sharing your family's journey with us. What an amazing blessing and gift this child is. Wow. Absolutely Amazing. What beauty and hope she brings to this world. Thank you again.

    Love,
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Ellie!!!! I look forward to reading about all of your many accomplishments! What a big girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie Bear...Go baby, go baby, go!!! We treasure each moment! Channeling those many prayers and the 'girl power' from your big sisters - beamed by Addie & Charr. We hold each of you deeply in our hearts. Love, --Nana & Papa

    ReplyDelete