6.11.2010

Meet the sisters!

Children have an amazing way of shedding a positive light and attitude on any situation. While waiting to meet Eleanora, Charlotte and Addie explored my hospital room, drew Eleanora pictures to decorate her isolette, and decided they enjoyed the hospital food, especially chocolate chip cookies.

By this point Greg and I had met with our physician team (who are very impressive individuals, both clinically and in bedside manner). I anticipated how our discussion would go...I asked for a box of kleenex before going into the the consult room. Deep down I knew.

Yes, it was likely Eleanora had a rare and fatal defect that would likely take her life in the next three to seven days. An emptiness overwhelmed me. This was the conversation I had been dreading throughout my pregnancy. Only much later did I begin to have questions: How could I possibly make the most of our limited time together? How could I comfort her? How long would we have?

No comments:

Post a Comment